Removing Negative Credit
The following techniques will help correct your credit and should be done with all Credit Bureaus.
In this section you will learn the ways of removing negative items from your credit file. These methods are sometimes referred to as "Credit Repair". These are the exact same methods credit repair clinics and attorneys charge up to $3,500 to perform.
Since they do not always do it correctly, consumers have been taken for millions of dollars over the past years. We will also show you all the jealously guarded secrets on how to outsmart creditors who are damaging your credit!
What the Credit Bureaus Don't Tell You
1. Each item on your credit report must be proven or it cannot remain in the report. If the credit bureau cannot verify the item when investigated, it must be removed from your file whether or not it's true.
2. Every negative entry on your report can be denied or challenged at any time. The bureau must reinvestigate and if that item cannot be verified within a "reasonable amount of time", it must be removed from the file.
3. Items when challenged can be mistakenly erased. Consumers say they often experience computer operator mistakes.
4. Many times the creditor does not re-verify in time or the credit bureau is busy and does not handle your dispute properly. It must then be deleted.
5. The older an item, the more difficult re-verification is. It is possible it cannot be verified because records may no longer exist after 1 or 2 years.